Paul Smith wrote:
On 9/9/05, Peter Flynn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I just tried to install Lyx from the 1.3.6-1 RPMs.

It can't find the commands kpsewhich and texhash, which is weird because
they are both in the global path. The TeX is a new full install from the
TeX Collection DVD.

How do I get around this? Is the postinstall script SUing to some
strange UID (the RPM install is done as root, of course).

This happens for both xforms and qt versions (tried both) and now they
won't uninstall cleanly either, because they're trying to undo stuff
that never got done.

Apparently, the problem is not caused by LyX. Try to run (as root) on
the command line the two problematic commands (kpsewhich and texhash).
In case they do not work, it makes clear that the problem is not LyX
related.

I'm sorry, I should have made it clear that the TeX installation works
correctly: texhash and kpsewhich are fully functional both as root and
for logged-in users.

///Peter