Hi myriam,
I have used dia for illustrations and I found that the best way to use them in
LyX/Latex is the following way: Dia -> xfig -> pdf/latex.
A shell script for this conversion is attached. It produces two files: .pdf
and .tex. To include your drawing in the document go for Insert>Include
File... and enter the name of the .tex file in the dialog that comes up.

In this way, you can use latex commands in Dia. These will be interpreted by
latex when compiling the main document. The result looks much better.
However, the process is a bit tricky, with many things that can go wrong. Let
me know if it works for you.

Vasek

On Monday 12 September 2005 01:01, Myriam Abramson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Somebody on this list might be familiar with the dia editor tool for
> drawing diagrams on many Linux distributions.
>
> The text facility seems pretty basic and I urgently need to have
> subscripts and superscripts. Does anybody know how to do that in a
> nice way?
>
> Thanks for your insights,

Ing. Vaclav Smidl, Ph.D.                tel: +420 26605 2420
AS department,  Institute               web: http://www.utia.cas.cz/AS/smidl/
of Information Theory and Automation,   fax: +420 26605 2068
Prague, Czech Republic