Paul Johnson wrote:

Recently, Stephen Harris asked if the mathml-fonts package conflicts or duplicates my latex-bakoma4lyx-fonts package and I decided to check it out. I downloaded the source code for the FC Extras package mathml-fonts that was prepared by Rex Dieter. The package is very well designed and the spec file is well documented.

For my Fedora Linux systems I prepared just such a collection, using Rex's framework and making only the minimal changes to insert the bakoma4lyx fonts and tighten up packaging. I inserted the bakoma4lyx Readme.txt documentation to acknowledge the fine effort of the bakoma authors. In case you want, you can install it

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/software/PolsFC4Updates/mathml-bakoma4lyx-fonts-2.0-1.noarch.rpm http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/software/PolsFC4Updates/mathml-bakoma4lyx-fonts-2.0-1.src.rpm

Warning: I inserted provisions here so that, when you install this, it Obsoletes latex-xft-fonts, latex-bakoma4lyx-fonts, and mathml-fonts and it lets the RPM system know it provides all functionality of "mathml-fonts" package. So LyX installs/upgrades from FedoraExtras will be fine.

Paul, I would have much rather you had directly contributed to making the mathml-fonts package in Extras better by submitting this to Fedora Extras' bugzilla and not Obsoletes: mathml-fonts.

Nevertheless, I'll take a look at your improvements and incorporate them into the next iteration of mathml-fonts.

-- Rex