On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Helge Hafting wrote:

Copying tables, and anything else, is trivial as long as we're talking
about copying from one lyx document to another. The recipe is simple:

Helge,

  As I wrote, this is exactly what I tried to do.

To copy a table float, mark the entire float using the mouse (or keyboard)
and press ctrl+c for copy. Then, switch to the other document, position the
cursor where you want the table float to go, and press ctrl+v for paste.

  Interesting. I used the paste external rather than paste. Perhaps that was
the problem. I blocked the entire float, too.

  Just for giggles, I'll try it again even though I've done the copying using
a text editor.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"