Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
"David" == David Soukal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

David> Hello, I started to write a presentation in LyX using the
David> Beamer document class. Everythings seems to be working perfect.
David> Only, I wasn't able to figure out how to insert an optional
David> argument for some of the environments (like Date). When I open
David> the LyX demo files that came with Beamer, most of them have the
David> optional arguments but I am unable to create them in my
David> presentation. The optional arguments look like ERT boxes except
David> their tab says "opt"...

David> So far I managed by copying the opt-boxes from the demo file
David> but I was wondering how they were inserted in the demos.

Use Insert>Short Title. I know the name is not very helpful, but we
have not been able to come up with something better.

JMarc

Thank you for help guys! I got everything looking as needed.

I have one more question regarind the OPT boxes. I don't know whether it's a bug or whether I missed something, but I cannot insert the OPT box for environments where it should be possible. For example, the author of Beamer recommends to enter an optional argument "fragile" for the frame environment in situations when the frame contains verbatim text. I didn't manage to get OPT for the BeginFrame environment in LyX.

I tried a trick with an ERT box with [fragile], set right at the beginning of the frame. But it won't work because it creates LaTeX code \lyxframe{[fragile]...}

This is not really a big deal because everythings works OK without any parameters.. but I'd like to be ready :)

Thank you again,

Daivd