I've attached a modified version of the test file. Is this what you want? There may be a better way to do this via Beamer customizations. I just located the code Beamer uses to typeset the enumeration numbers and made an ugly kludge that does two numbers. Note the new command added to the preamble, and the call to \kludge in the optional argument to the enumeration.

Paul

Thank you very much! That's exactly what I wanted to achieve!!

ps. I'm very sorry for abusing this list! Thank you for putting up with me!

No worries, we all do it.  Or at least I do.  :-)

Thanks!