In my machine (linux, lyx1.3.5) with language english us_international
(or something like that) if, for example, I write in french, the
"accent aigu" (how is it said in english?) is '+a => á, the grave is
`+a => à and so on.

Hope it will help

jorge

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Stacia Hartleben wrote:

> Is there a trick to inserting accented characters? I just copied in
> the chars I needed but it got tedious keeping track of all those
> different accented chars after a while. Sorry if it's a dumb question
> but I might just be missing something very obvious...

#  Dr. Jorge A. Hernando          #   e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  #
#  Physics Dept., CNEA            #   phone: 54-11-6772-7106        #
#  Av. Gral Paz 1499              #   fax:   54-11-6772-7121        #
#  (1650) San Martin              #                                 #
#  Pcia Buenos Aires              #                                 #
#  Argentina                      #                                 #