Gour wrote:

> Another option would be to use e.g. inkscape (which provides LaTeX with
> PSTricks macros output format) & to have pgf backe-end so that inkscape
> can integrate LaTeX fonts and macros ready for pgf & inclusion in
> beamer presentation?
>
> What is the status of SVG support in LyX/LaTeX?

It is the same as with any image format: If you have a converter that
transforms svg in eps (can inkscape do that from the command line?), you
can define it in the preferences and simply include svg figures in your
document. I don't know if the standard converter can handle this
transformation.

You could also write an "external template" to use the "LaTeX with PSTricks
macros output format" of inkscape. This would be very similar to the
existing xfig template.

Georg