----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2005 6:06 AM
Subject: Re: Links Within Documents

Daniel Watkins wrote:
One thing I've noticed some documents being able to do (namely the
Beamer User Guide) is have clickable links in the ToC which
automagically move the view to the appropriate section, which I thought
was rather nifty. I'm guessing these are in an extra package, and I was
wondering what I would have to add to me preamble to be able to do
this  in my own documents?

I think that would be
\usepackage{hyperref}

There are also some parameters you can use, for example:
\usepackage[plainpages=false,pdfpagelabels,bookmarksnumbered]{hyperref}

Paul.

I found the following information instructive (not disagreeing)
and also alludes to another thread.

"One has to keep in mind that, as opposed to TEX with its dvi output,
the pdfTEX program does not require a separate postprocessing stage
to transform the TEX input into a pdf file. As a consequence, all
data needed for building a ready pdf page must be available during
the pdfTEX run, in particular information on media dimensions and
offsets, graphics files for embedding, and font information
(font files, encodings)."

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~van/GI2005/giformat.htm
pdfLaTeX
"The last way to generate a PDF file from LaTeX sources is to use the
free tool pdflatex, which we highly recommend. This system is built
upon pdftex, an enhancement of TeX which can generate resolution-
independent, searchable PDF directly. If you also include the standard
hyperref LaTeX package when compiling your document, the resulting PDF will automatically have a hierarchical table of contents and citations,
footnotes and cross-references will be hyperlinked. You can also reference
Web URLs and have a web browser automatically come up when a hyperlink is clicked in the Acrobat reader. This is all demonstrated in the source for the example file available in the GI author's kit. See the TeX User's Group's web site for documentation on hyperref and pdflatex."

Regards,
Stephen