Paul Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Oggetto:        Re: Is this possible in lyx?
Data:   Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:14:54 +0100
A:      lyx-users@lists.lyx.org

On 10/25/05, Herbert Voss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just figured out how to disallow LaTeX to linebreak
> a math inline formula that resides in the end of a
> line. Sometimes they turn so awkward when they are
> breaked in the end of the line. With LaTeX I just type
> a formula in an \mbox and it solves my problem.. but
> what about lyx? how can I perform an \mbox in Lyx? ..
> I can of course input a latex code within lyx.. but it
> would be great if I could do it in a "lyx" way too so
> that I could also have the benefit of actually seeing
> to formula.

_inside_ the math mode put all in braces { ... }
no need for ERT

Inside math mode, just write

\mbox

This solution does not need ERT as well.

Paul

I needed it also, and it works fine, thanks, but to see the box frame I used \fbox.

Resume for dummies (I am the first one):
1) go to math mode (inline formula or display formula)
2) type \fbox and then a press carriage return or the spacebar
3) the text "\fbox" disappear and a framed box appears
4) type the equation there inside
5) eventually apply equation number

Hope this is useful, thanks to all

Giorgio Zavarise