On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

To rule out the first, try exporting the doc as a DVI and then running xdvi
against it manually.

Paul,

  Sigh. Why didn't I think of this? (That's a rhetorical question, by the
way.) For some reason, the t1lib was not upgraded. No library, no display.

This is what you get for upgrading.  Whatever happened to "if it ain't
broke, don't fix it"? :-)

  Well, one of the major benefits of Slackware -- for me -- is that it's far
back from the bleeding edge. I upgrade only when Patrick releases a new suite
of packages; otherwise, only security patches are applied. Unlike others, I
don't run daily or weekly upgrades for apt-get, up2date, or yum.

  There's another way of looking at that old wives' tale: "if it ain't broke,
break it." :-) That's how we progress.

Many thanks,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"