maarten wrote:

>> latex -> ps/eps images
>> pdflatex -> png,jpg,pdf images
>
> I know the latex basics, but I forgot to mention that also when I use
> logo.eps it happened.

sure, LyX doesn't know, that you use \includegraphics nad
did not write \usepackage{graphicx} in the preamble.
When using the LyX way to insert a graphic, LyX dies the rest.

in your case, you have to put the \usepackage by yourself
in the preamble.

> In the mean time I found out logo.png in the header works for pdflatex
> as long as you put another image somewhere in the document.

see above

> If you use ps2pdf you NEED logo.eps. In the rest of the document you can
> still use other types of images, lyx takes care about that.
>
> After some trail and error I found out:
> The solution is to remove \usepackage{cmap} (why?) and - off course -

example file! However \usepackage{lmodern} is the better way

> put ps2pdf instead of pdftex in the hyperref options in the preamble.

in most cases, hyperref can detect by itself, what driver
is the needed.

>> let this be done by geometry, at least by LyX
>
> Is that really needed? I try to keep the "user" interaction about
> document layout as low possible so I specified this in the layout
> Preamble.

no, use the LyX menu

Herbert