Sanders, Maarten (M.J.L.) wrote:
Hi,

I am struggling again with a possible bug.

I have a chapter (created from c-code with a custom perl script) which is
included in a master document.

When I open the chapter I can generate a ps2pdf preview without any trouble. I
edited the document and inserted an image and everything is still fine.

When I now open the master file I can still access the child document. But when I try to
generate a preview Lyx dies after it has taken several minutes of cpu time. It does not
show anything like "waiting gor latex run ..". In this case also commandline
exports last eternaly.

I already found out things work again when I remove the image from the child
document OR when I adjust the page margins in the preamble instead of with the
menu options.

I am running 1.4.0pre2. Since I don't want to bug the developers with this
vague error and I have done so many not normal things to my documents I rather
try to find out myself first where things go wrong. So my question is:

Where can I see what lyx is doing in the background when generating a preview?

Thanks,

Maarten

I would try starting LyX in debug mode (lyx -dbg all) from a command shell and see what messages turn up during the interlude.

Paul