I use the package listings, this could be the reason that it's working for me.

I put in the preamble \usepackage{listings}

and in the begining of the lyx document in a ERT

\floatname{algorithm}{Código}

It works for me, and in the dvi it shows "Código" instead of "Algorithm".

Sorry for my bad english ;)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] escribió:

   Hey Abel, thank you to take care, but I did it and
still not working. Neither at preamble nor the start
of the Lyx document.
   Can you check it please?
   Thanks again in advance!

--- Abel Fernández Fernández <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
escreveu:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] escribió:

  I'm happy because all auto names of LaTeX (like
``2nd February, 2005'', and ``Figure 1'' and
``Table
1'') are translated to portuguese and spanish as I
need (like ``20 de outubro de 2005'', or ``Figura
1'',
or ``Tabela 1''), but some single words remain in
english, like ``algorithm''.

  How can I solve this affair?
--

                   Abraços!
                           Douglas

You can put this at the start of the LyX document in
a ERT :

\floatname{algorithm}{put_here_what_you_need}

                    Abraços!
                            Douglas

_______________________________________________________ Promoção Yahoo! Acesso Grátis: a cada hora navegada você
acumula cupons e concorre a mais de 500 prêmios! Participe!
http://yahoo.fbiz.com.br/