Thanx Uwe, but putting that at my preamble, Lyx
gives me the following error:
------------------------------------
Undefined control sequence.
 \numberwithin
                  {figure}{section}
The control sequence at the end of the top line
of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the
correct
spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.
------------------------------------

--- Uwe Stöhr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > I want my Lyx figures following the section
> numbers before the figure numbers, like the example
> above:

> > 1     The First Section
> >
> > ########
> > ########
> > Figure 1.1: The pic example
> >
> > ########
> > ########
> > Figure 1.2: Another pic example
>
> Add the following line to the preamble:
>
> \numberwithin{figure}{section}
>
> regards Uwe

                     Abraços!
                             Douglas

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis: Internet rápida e grátis.
Instale o discador agora!
http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/