On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 14:59:26 +0100
Alexandru Cabuz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Has anybody found a way to get lyx working on a Debian testing system? It
> seems there is a bug that prevents one from just apt-getting it. See
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/lyx.html

I was surprised to see it wasn't there when I last updated.  In fact, apt
actually removed a fully functional lyx in order to add something else, and I
could not get it back.  There was a weird library dependence issue (can't
recall the specifics) when I put lyx on my Zaurus, too, and I think this was
related.

But there are *.deb packages on lyx.org, which installed just fine.

 --

David L. Johnson

   __o   | When you are up to your ass in alligators, it's hard to remember
 _`\(,_  | that your initial objective was to drain the swamp. -- LBJ