----- Original Message ----- From: "Angus Leeming" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: [announce] fifth release of the LyXWinInstaller

Stephen Harris wrote:
http://aspell.net/
* Latest Version: GNU Aspell 0.60.4 (Released October, 2005)

I belong to the Aspell mailing list and heard about .60 awhile ago.
There was a reference to contacting someone for a .exe copy rather
than general repository availability. So I downloaded it and built
with Win XP and Cygwin. Also the dictionary, which addresses
some of Bo's concerns in the README, is partially quoted below.

Stephen, just to clear up any confusion: LyX/Win doesn't use aspell.exe at
all. It is linked statically against libaspell.a

--
Angus

Now I am confused. I have a Aspell....053Setup.exe and a en dictionary
.exe. I thought these were required by LyX? There is no libaspell* on
this #1 computer. Did it come with LyX? I have two computers.

On my other computer #2, I download Aspell .064 tar.gz. And unpacked
it, ran configure, make and make install (did the dictionary first like this).

I am pretty sure I saw libaspell.a on the screen during the build. Do you
mean I didn't have to compile this? This #2 computer where I did the
build has a libaspell.la , libaspell.lai , libaspell.dll.a , but no libaspell.a ,
after doing a search with the build completed (has an aspell.exe now).

If my first computer which has no libaspell* doesn't use aspell.exe "at
all", how come I can't find a libaspell* file somewhere on the #1 computer.
Maybe I don't understand "statically linked". I thought that meant the
file must exist on my computer. But I only finished one semester of Perl.

Regards,
Stephen