>could anybody, please, point me to a resource with >information how to
set the spacing *before* and *after* list >environments? The only references I
found on the mailing >list and on the Internet discuss the
>spacing between the items of a list.
>
>I was trying to change the distance by looking at >parameters of the
>paragraphs surrounding the list environment but both have >zero spacing below
>and above...

  I get this with tweaklist package.
  I found it in InterNet and when I installed correctly it
  I can get global control over list, enumerate, itemize, enumerate*
  Spacing above and below :
  \topsep
  \parsep
  If I can remember correctly.