Kevin Pfeiffer writes:

> [concerning the List of Figures page]
>
> > 1. I need something like "tocleft" to move the subfigures to the
> > far left side (since their are no figures).

Found this one... (why I couldn't find this in the subfigure docs? Who
knows, probably user-error. This time I'm printing out all 55 of the
damn pages and will more intensively peruse them.)

To use "short captions" for _subfigures_ in the List of Figures:

\subfigure["Here the short caption"]["Here the caption that appears
directly under the subfigure.]{"Here the image""Here the cross-ref.
label}

I will add this to the subfigure page in the Wiki (after Christmas,
after the book).

All the best,

Kevin

--