On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, Herbert Voss wrote:

insert an explicit line end.

%% Make nR rows of scoring boxes for answers
 \multido{\nRow=1+1}{\nR}{%
   {\strobe}\hspace{3mm}\makebox[0.3\omrx]{\nRow}%
    \multido{}{10}{\hspace{2mm} \framebox[3.55mm]{}}\newline}

Herbert,

  I have read everything I can find on \framebox and \vspace, and I have
tried putting a negative \vspace at different positions in the last line
above. Nothing will raise the \frameboxes off their current position on the
baseline (or slightly below it). The entire interline spacing is effected.

  Am I using the wrong environment? Should I be using a picture environment
(such as Kevin's suggesion of \picture, or epic, or PSTricks) to create this
form? I can see this information on precision form development being useful
to others, too. What resources would you recommend?

Many thanks,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"