On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, Herbert Voss wrote:

this depends strongly on your problem. But you should always first trying
to realize it with a tabular. It is a powerful environment, but needs some
time to understand.

Herbert,

  Yes, it does. Time to re-read the books I have so I can become more
comfortable with the tabular environment.

- for the layout use _always_ package geometry, which is also the default
 by LyX

  This is good to know.

- every layout, which depends on a grid, should be possible with a tabular
 or array

  OK.

learning by doing is the best way and doing it frequently makes it easier.

  True. I have too many tools I need to use in my business and I don't use
each one every day.

Many thanks,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"