I have put up a new version (v0.3c) of a Perl script that provides Grammar
Checking support within LyX's GUI. If you are interested in automatically
checking your documents for various errors, see:
        http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/Tools/LyX-GrammarChecker

 Internally it checks for a dozen common errors in LyX documents, such as
misuse of "A vs An" and forgetting to put a space after a math block. It can
be configured to use JLanguageTool to provide full grammar checking from
within LyX's Gui, if ChkTeX is installed it will also detect a variety of
common TeX related mistakes in your document. Rather than complain each time
it is too stupid to understand your grammar, it checks your text against ~400
common errors each of which can be disabled by editing a text file.

It seems be quite simple to use under Linux and MacOSX. I haven't tested it
under Windows but it should "just work" if you are using Cygwin. I'd be
interested to know if it actually does works with Cygwin. If it doesn't "just
work", mail me with any errors or symptoms etc.

Also if anyone has knowledge of how Cygwin relates to the LyX project, I'd
appreciate it if they filled out my stub at:
        http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/Windows/Cygwin?action=edit

--
John C. McCabe-Dansted
Masters Student