mail.k writes:
> I'd like to use old-style figures in my text (including quotations,
> etc.)
>
> but I don't think they're appropriate for headings (see Bringhurst)
>
> and for my footnotes. I'd like a way to:
>
> 1. set the default to (myfont)j and define footnotes and headings to
> use (myfont)x
> or
> 2. set the default to (myfont)j and define standard and quotations to
> use (myfont)x.

Just realized no one has answered this. Your doc-class documentation
should be able to help: koma has lengthy documentation, for example,
that tells you how to modify footnotes, running heads, etc. It's a bit
difficult at first if you (like I) have little direct LaTeX experience,
but it's worth it, as you gain greatly in flexibility at solving unique
problems that might come up.

Maybe someone here (one of the pros) has a moment to give you a bit of a
head start with this (but if not, do look at the docs that come with
your document class).

-Kevin

--
Kevin Pfeiffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>