On Jan 12, 2006, at 3:28 PM, Stefano Franchi wrote:

Someone (Bennett?) asked for comments on the functionality of 10.4pre3 on MacOs 10.3.9. I can report that it seems to work fine in my preliminary testing. The only problem I've found so far is the inaccessibility of the preference dialog. Selecting LyX>Preferences brings about the "About" window. In turn, LyX>About seems to trigger the View(PdfLaTeX) command. I suppose it's related to Qt/Mac's management of menus, as other have reported problems on this front.

Thanks for the report. However, I cannot confirm it on Mac OS X 10.4: everything works as expected.

Can anyone else confirm it for 10.3.9? (Can anyone run LyX-1.4.0 on any version of Mac OS X prior to 10.3.9?)

Bennett