Hi John,

On 19/01/2006, at 5:14 PM, john wrote:

Aha!

I've got it working - Helge minipages + Ross Moore \html stuff:

Here's the solution:
1. Put \htmlonly latex tabular statement before the 1st minipage
2. replace the LyX hfill with a conditional \latexhtml{\hfill}{&}
3. Follow the 2nd minipage with an \htmlonly \end{tabular}

Of course you have to put a protected space in the top line of each minipage.

Cannot you just put LaTeX's  \null  in there ?
That's worked for me to get top-alignment in .dvi , .ps , and .pdf .

(LyX: ctrl-space ctrl-enter ) to get visual top-alignment.

Or is this needed for the LyX viewer, with it being ignored by
usual TeX engines ?

The LyX sequence:
0. In the preamble:
   \usepackage{html}
1. ERT:
\begin{htmlonly}\begin{tabular}{tt}\end{htmlonly}
  2. \null
2a. LyX Insert->Minipage:
3. \latexhtml{\hfill}{&}
  4. \null
4a. LyX Insert->Minipage
5. ERT:
\begin{htmlonly}\end{tabular}\end{htmlonly}

Hope this helps,

        Ross

Effectively this builds a latex file with the minipages in a latex
tabular when you ask latex2html to process it. When latex or pdflatex
process the file the html bits are ignored (so there is no tabular
statement).

regards
John O'Gorman

Ross Moore                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]