On Feb 8, 2006, at 7:06 AM, jerome666 wrote:

Hello

I have installed Lyx and Macdvix on MacOS X Tiger. I would like to
use the reverse dvi function from Macdvix to Lyx.

To do that, I have include the line \usepackage[active]{srcltx} in the
preamble of my lyx document. It does not enable the reverse dvi.

I have aldso tried to modify the script of the calleditor as mentioned here : http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/LyXOnMac?from=LyX.Mac (search for "reverse dvi" to
see the related sentences). It failed.

Could someone help me to configure lyx or macdvix to enable the reverse dvi
function ?

Jerome -

There are apparently several problems, 2 of which I've solved. (I need help on the third.)

1. It looks like you need to add "exit 1" to the end of macdvix's calleditor.script in order for it actually to call lyxeditor.

2. The lyxeditor script needs to have some quoting to accommodate filenames and paths with spaces. I've attached a newer version of lyxeditor that should solve this problem. You'll need to put it in the .../LyX.app/Contents/MacOSX folder. (Note that since this is inside the LyX.app bundle, you'll need to select LyX.app in the finder, control-click to bring up the contextual menu, and select the "Show Package Contents" option.) Also, you may need to make this file executable by entering the following in the terminal, making the appropriate substitution for /Applications/LyX.app if you keep it somewhere different:

chmod +x /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/MacOSX/lyxeditor

3. When the lyxeditor script is invoked, it sends to lyxpipe.in something like the following:

LYXCMD:macdvix:server-goto-file-row:"filename.tex" 32

(where "32" is the line number it should go to). However, LyX seems to misinterpret this, and brings up a dialog saying, "Cannot open specified file: filename.lyx. Create a new document with this name?" (Note the different file extension: .tex versus .lyx.) Clicking "No" is the proper thing to do: it will take you to the proper place in the document. Does anyone know the proper way to avoid this spurious dialog?

Bennett