Rajil Saraswat wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. Searching the archives, I hit on this link
> (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=lyx-users&m=113828715308692&w=2) by
> Herbert. I have been partially successful in using this, as still the
> author is not correctly left aligned.

The problem is that the author is put into a centered tabular by koma script.
One hack would be to put the author (in the author environment) in a minipage
of 100% columnwidth, and put \hspace*{-\tabcolsep} before the author's name.

> > > 2. How do i rename Figure to Fig.?  Using
> > > \renewcommand{\figurename}{Fig.}  in the preamble does not do
> >
> > I think you'll find that as well (or on the LyX site, maybe?)
>
> Unfortunately, I didnt find anything new apart from what I have here, which
> did not work for me.

Does \AtBeginDocument{\renewcommand{\figurename}{Fig.}} help?
Do you use babel?

Jürgen