Joerg Hau schrieb:

Inserting ERT in the text is exactly the opposite of what I want to do.

An example of what I am looking for: Open a document in LyX, write e.g. "LyX is a kind of LaTeX frontend" (upper/lowercase!), and go to the preview ... the two words "LyX" and "LaTeX" are displayed in their very particular style, but without any need to have them ERT'd.

They are in ERT, but internally. The format of the word LyX is the following:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

When you type "LyX" within LyX, it will automatically transformed to the LaTeX-command "\LyX{}" in the background.

I don't think that a small ERT-box is problematic, it is btw. a good highlighter of the company name within LyX.

regards Uwe