Gunnar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> > The first error in the output you supplied in your initial post was
> >
> > dvips: Could not find figure
> > file
> > /tmp/lyx_tmpdir96260XiyjK/lyx_tmpbuf0/0_home_gunnar_Skola_appollonius.eps;

I just ran on the same problem...
The important point here is that the path is absolute.

> I must say, I'm not quite sure what the error is now. Suddelny things seems
> work. I'm sorry for trying to confuse you. I'll try to understand what's
> going on.

If you're using TeXLive-2005, the dvips default behaviour has
shifted to secure: in particular, dvips won't accept absolute paths,
which LyX uses in the temporary.
You should run dvips -R0 in the Preference->Converter section, where dvips
is involved, to come back to unsecure mode.

If you're not admin, maybe this has been changed on your TeX distribution,
which could explain how it could work again magically.

--
Jean-Pierre