Dear LyXers:

I'm an experienced user of LyX under Windows --- dating back to Claus
Henschel's first port.
Yesterday I installed Wiki Wiki's port v. 1.3.7. I'm running Windows XP Polish
version,
which means I am using MS code page cp1250.

Soon after installation I found out that I am not able to input Polish
characters from
keyboard the way it is commonly done under all Windows system, i.e. by pressing
and
holding the right Alt key and then pressing the relevant standard key. Nothing
happens when
I do this. This functioned, however, in the previous port (ver. 1.3.5) by Ruurd
Reitsma
without any problems. (In the case of still earlier port by Claus Henschel I
remember I
had to produce my own special keyboard file.) This version seems to come with
either ISO
8859 -1 or cp 1252 hard-wired --- I haven't checked which is the case.

I am fully aware of the possibily of creating keyboard bindings file or using
any of the
existing ones, but want to avoid this for other reasons.

Does by any chance any of you know whether this is intended situation or is a
bug?
Or perhaps I have missed some setting option?

Thanx in advance

With best wishes

Marek L. Szwabowicz
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]