Marcelo Acuña wrote:

I get a new hard disk, and I installed suse 9.3, with
this I installed lyx 1.3.5. I make several
installations with different options, (english US,
spanish, english UK, for default language, etc.)
Spellchecker no work in any case. I make trial with
export LANG=es_ES, I get that lyx appears with menu,
but spellchecker no work.
Marcelo

Did you install dictionaries for aspell as well?
Installing aspell only installs the executable
program.  It does not install any dictionaries, you
must do that too before you can spellcheck.

What happens if you create a short plaintext file
with some spelling errors and run
aspell test.txt
on the command line? If this doesn't work, then aspell cannot possibly
work with lyx either.  If this works but lyx
spellchecking doesn't, then the problem is in lyx somehow.

Helge Hafting