Marcelo Acuña wrote:

I inteded this with a little file and ~ in an ERT
no work. I put ~, or \~, ~---, and several others
variants and I can´t get that one work.
What I make bad?
Didn't you read my post? It won't work in LyX
because the line
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
to the preamble if Spanish is selected as document
language.

According to the cvs log, this has been done in
order to fix a bug with ñ.

Jürgen

Escuse me Jürgen. Yes, I read your post, but I read
too the Helge post and I understanded that in this
mode tilde work. Marcelo

What  I tested was this:
1. The search and replace using an editor actually results in a file
   that lyx can read back in.
2. Lyx was ablt to produce a .dvi from the new file.  I assumed the ~---
   would work, because that was what you wanted.  My search&replace
   recipe was just a way to do a mass change - I got the impression that
   you had lots of em-dashes.

Now, if lyx adds a problematic line to the preamble, this won't work
too well.  But you can work around that:
1. Instead of printing/making pdf directly, export->latex in lyx.
2. Remove the offending line from the .tex file
3. Run latex or pdflatex manually to get output.

This deavtivation of "~" can be fixed in lyx, but expact that to take
some time.  In the meantime, this can probably be fixed by
defining a converter.  You can then have the converter removing
the line (using grep perhaps) and then run the usual latex/pdflatex
commands.  Basically the same workaround as above, but automated.

Helge Hafting