On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 19:45:32 +1100
Lee Yeoh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just dowloaded Lyx 1.3.7, and am using it on a mac OS X 10.4.5.
> I'm finding it very cool, a little bit of a learning curve to start
> with, but pretty good in the end.
>
> I'm specifically having problems converting to html (I want some
> documents on my palm v.4.1, which seems to have no DVI viewer or
> decent PDF viewer available, unfortunately).
>
> I can export fine, but the html file appears to reference
> several .png files for some of the mathematical symbols that aren't
> created. I thought it might have had something to do with not having
> libpng, so i got that too, but that made no difference.

There are several options to generate html from latex files.  You should be
able to use tth (I gather this is a Windows machine, which I know little
about, but check the tth website to see whether there is a Windows version;
there probably is), which does not generate bitmap graphics of mathematical
expressions; it does it all in (really ugly code) html, and it displays quite
nicely on most browsers.  It is at least worth a try.  One thing to check is
how whatever browser you have with the PDA handles the code.  I will send you
a sample output by e-mail.

LyX should be able to be re-configured to use tth instead of whatever you are
using.

--

David L. Johnson

   __o   | Accept risk.  Accept responsibility.  Put a lawyer out of
 _`\(,_  | business.