----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Schulz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 7:55 AM
Subject: No VIEW->DVI in LyX Win32

I have installed LyX Win32 on an XP machine including cygwin.  I chose to
get all the necessary prerequisite stuff through cygwin rather than having
the install script download it (they all end up in $cygwin/bin).  I  have
added $cygwin/bin and $cygwin/usr/X11R6/bin to my environment path.  When
I try going through the tutorial and follow the "My first LyX document!"
example, I'm hung up at producing a DVI version since there is not
VIEW->DVI menu item.  It isn't greyed out, it just doesn't exist.  I've
checked that $cygwin/usr/X11R6/bin/xdvi.exe exists.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Chuck

Enrico Forestieri wrote this Howto using Qt3.
He is active on this list so perhaps will see your post
and be more helpful. This approach worked out quite well.
http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/LyXOnCygwin

SH: I asked Kayvan Sylvan about this (using X11) and he replied:
http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg45585.html
There is a make file included with that post.

Regards,
Stephen