----- Original Message ----- From: "Axel Dessecker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Cc: "Nagy Gabor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 3:34 AM
Subject: Re: tex4ht, tex2rtf - all fails

Gabor,

Am Freitag, 17. März 2006 00:32 schrieb Nagy Gabor:
Hi, I would like to convert my lyx file to some m$ office editable format.

This is not a trivial task. I can only contribute some remarks on tex4ht.

$ htlatex thesis-komascript_article.tex

Something like
htlatex.sh thesis-komascript_article "xhtml,ooffice" "ooffice/! -cmozhtf"
"-coo"

might be more appropriate. The .sh extension depends on the distribution you
have, it is useful for SuSE but possibly not for other distributions.

--- warning --- Can't find/open file `tex4ht.env | .tex4ht'

OK, I don't have tex4ht.env, or .tex4ht, but as I understand from the

You definitely need them, and you have to adjust the .env file to your system.
Please read the documentation at
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/

Regards,
Axel

htlatex works pretty well on Windows, but I have not tried it on Linux.

I have another idea if your Lyx produced pdf document looks good.
Borrow Adobe Writer ($$$) and enable commenting on your pdf file.
This feature of Writer is intended for collaboration and it comes with
all the bells and whistles, underline, strikeout, arrows, yellow sticky
notes that you can write into at the correct place in the doc, etc. and
the Prof./you just need Reader7 to make use of this once it is enabled.
Your university library or Computer Center may have Writer Pro
software, the campus computer Helpdesk might know where. Then
you could make suggested changes in LyX and produce another pdf,
which would need to be comment enabled again, which is inconvenient
unless you have decent access to the Adobe Writer Pro7 (6?) software.
Enabling commenting is a one-step procedure, once the doc is loaded.
The conversion from LyX to pdf is nearly perfect, unlike other methods.

Regards,
Stephen