Wang Xiangqi wrote:

I can install LyXWinInstaller 1.9  successfully on my office computer
under
Windows xp. However, when I tried it on my notebook (also Win XP), it
freezed when running the configuration during installing at "+checking
for
"/Resources/../src/tex2lyx/tex2lyx"...", then just stopped there and
no any

After this step, configure starts checking for LaTeX-packages. That
means it invokes MiKTeX to download missing packages and therefore needs
an internet connection.
Does it work for you without an internet connection? Wait two minutes
after it stops, it should proceed when MiKTeX wasn't able to connect to
the internet.
Does it work when your Laptop is connected to the internet?

I must admit that I never tested to install LyX without beeing connected
to the net.

regards Uwe