On Wednesday 12 April 2006 05:05 am, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Steve> Does 1.4.1 have character styles?
>
> Yes.
>
> JMarc

       *     *
        \ o /
         \|/
          |               Y E S !
         / \  _
        /   \/
       /
      -

I've been waiting so long for character styles. Since 2000! No more textcolor
workaround (but thanks for giving me that, Dekl!).

As soon as I complete "Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting", and it's all
complete except for a very few minor punctuation cleanups, I'll install 1.4.1
on my Mandriva 2006, which currently has 1.3.5, and as far as I know, no
character styles.

How does one install LyX 1.4.1? Can it be installed in /usr/local in such a
way that it can coexist with my current 1.3.5? Are there any
incompatibilities of which I should be aware?

THANK YOU ALL for including character styles!!!!!

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist
Webmaster
   * Troubleshooters.Com
   * http://www.troubleshooters.com