I am trying to use LyX on a Mac. I have installed everything that the web site suggests.

I am having trouble getting images to display in views. When I try to view a file, I see the following error in the console (log file):

/private/tmp/lyx_tmpdir15737RDBp8/lyx_tmpbuf0/slideDemo2.dvi -> slideDemo2.pdf [1][2][3][4][5zcat: /private/tmp/lyx_tmpdir15737RDBp8/ lyx_tmpbuf0/2_Users_mike_Login_Photos_maria.eps.Z: No such file or directory
]

This was with the Foils template, but I get the same response with any other template. If I manually create the .Z file, it does show the image.

What do I need to do to get images to display in views?

Thanks.

Mike