Hi all, I use LyX 1.4.0 on Linux (FC4), and I noticed that the fonts
produced by my LyX docs are all slightly different (uglier when
displayed in, e.g., evince) than those of my LaTeX docs. I found that
if I export to LaTeX and remove the line saying
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}, then the font looks "better" again. I looked
at http://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/PDF#badFonts but it doesn't really do a
great job of explaining what's going on. I am wondering

- why use this less-attractive T1?
- how do I disable it, short of exporting to TeX and manually removing
that line? (I couldn't find "T1" in the list of fonts under Layout >
Document)

(I am being requested to submit a copy of this document using the non-T1 font.)

Thanks in advance for any light shed on this issue.