[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Sorry - I meant to include this third issue in my previous email.

Another issue is that I no longer seem to be able to insert nested
inline math in text

Basically, pre-1.4.x, I was able to hit ctrl-M while editing math,
which put me in text mode, and then hit ctrl-M again to insert
variables. E.g., if {} represented alternating nested math/text modes,
I could write:

y=0, {if {x<0}}

Any clarification would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Where ctrl-M while in math mode used to insert \textrm{...}, it now inserts \mbox{...} (and nests mboxes if you keep using it). If you use ctrl-M to go into text mode and right-arrow to escape back to math mode, I think you will get what you ultimately intend, but with a shallower nesting depth (unless you literally need to have text nested in an equation nested in text ...). For instance, your example above will be rendered into LaTeX as $y=0,\mbox{ if }x<0$.

/Paul