Hello again everyone,

For my thesis, many of my figures are in .pdf form but I have a couple of problems when I try to insert them into my lyx document.

1) Any font that is on a vertical axis (such as an axis label) will appear on the vertical axis but will also appear horizontally and overlaps into the figure. This only happens for .pdf format figures. Is this a convertor problem?

2) Whenever I try to compile I get an error saying the size of the figure cannot be determined (even if I set the size explicitly in lyx). I am using the "book" document class and I have ImageMagick and Ghostscript installed.

I have sidestepped the problem for now by converting all my figures to .tiff but the resolution is severely degraded when I convert to tiff and my figures look grainy now. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Graham Wright
University of Wisconsin-Madison