Hi Uwe,

Uwe Stöhr wrote:

> John Pye wrote:
>
>> I've been using LyX 1.4.2 (from the win installer complete 2-01)
>

> the installer version ships LyX 1.4.1.

Yes, you're right. I got confused between the 1.4.1 and the 2-01.

> But anyway:
>
>> I've found then when I enter math fonts, I get strange
>> effects like \delta showing up as a 'one half' character, and \tau
>> showing up as an upside-down question mark.
>

> it seems that the math fonts couldn't correctly be installed. Probably
> another prevents this. You could try to reinstall LyX using the
> installer and if this doesn't help install the fonts manually as Paul
> Smith pointed you to the webpage where you can find the fonts.

I had recently uninstalled the Lyx 1.3.7 'complete installer', then I
installed the new LyX. Does the uninstaller sometimes delete files
during reboot? Perhaps these files were replaced by the new installed,
but marked for deletion by the old uninstaller? Could that be happening?

BTW where do these files live once installed -- can I check if they're
there or not?

I'll install the extra fonts when I'm back at that machine. Thanks both
of you for the help,

Cheers
JP