On 5/25/06, Bennett Helm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If you're using LyX 1.4.x, don't add \usepackage{jurabib} to the
preamble. If you want to add your own settings for jurabib, you can edit
jurabib.cfg (in the same directory as jurabib.sty), which will change
settings for *all* documents using jurabib; if you want to add or modify
settings for a particular document, add the following to your document
preamble:

\jurabibsetup{...}

(where "..." should be a comma separated options list, such as
"citefull=chapter,opcit=chapter").

Thanks for pointing out that! Obviously a better way to do it.

In my experience, it's best not to redefine \cite as \footcite. Rather,
you can simply insert the citation in a footnote in the normal way.
(That is, within LyX insert a footnote, then insert a citation.) Don't
forget to follow your citation by a period inside the footnote.

Yes, that's simple and obvious way to work with LyX and jurabib. Thanks!

I'm writing a book (philosophy) with jurabib and LyX-1.4, and it works
beautifully.

Smashing!

Just a question: Are there any smooth way to hide the reference/bibliography
list in LyX so it will not be included? My solution is to hide it in a Note
block, once the bib file has been processed (if the citations become "?." I
just "unhide" it and generate a temp output, then "hide" it and regenerate
the proper output).

--
Anders Dahnielson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>