Graham Brown wrote:

Occasionally, I need to be able to insert half a line or so of simplified Chinese into the document.

I searched the archives and found a very helpful email that suggested that it was possible to use Lyx with CJK latex. I installed CJK latex (I already had the fonts) and proceeded to try the recommended ERT code: \usepackage{cjk} in the preamble; \begin{cjk} etc in the document.

When I run the program I get an error message that it cannot find cjk.sty. I have checked and there is no cjk.sty file on my system.

Sorry to take so long to respond.

This appears to be a case-sensitivity issue. The package is CJK.sty, not cjk.sty. You need \usepackage{CJK} in the preamble.

If you don't have CJK.sty on your system, you'll have to look at how your LaTeX implementation installs packages. I'm using MikTeX, so I can't offer any help there.

--
Michael Wojcik