On Jun 1, 2006, at 6:55 PM, Raymond Brock wrote:

I'm using Lyx1.4.1 on a mac running OS10.4.5...I'm trying to import a perfectly fine LaTeX file prepared in Texshop. My problem is that when the file comes in, every apostrophe and dash is encoded as nonsense character strings. I've tried setting Texshop to produce Unicode 8 and MacOSRoman, even Latin 1. And, I've tried to match up what Lyx says it will deal with in the Document preferences...but to no avail. Quotes, no problem. Apostrophes, a problem. An example:

Youâve all heard it; youâve probably uttered  (Latin I)

or

thatÕs simply wrong. (MacOSRoman in Texshop and Latex default in Lyx)

This is going to be a real pain...Any ideas?

Latin 1 works for me, properly importing apostrophes, dashes, accented characters, etc. Can you send a minimal test document that has this problem?

Bennett

Bennett Helm
Department of Philosophy
Franklin & Marshall College