Matthias Schmidt schrieb:

I`m starting to work with Lyx again with Lyx 1.4.1 (windows
installer, german).

I assume that you use this installer:

http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyXWinInstaller

I cannot view the tutorial als a PDF-file: I get the information:
"Keine Information vorhanden, um Dateien im xpm-Format nach png zu
konvertieren. Definieren Sie einen Konverter in den Einstellungen."

The problem are missing and broken xpm-files. The tutorial is about
LyX 1.3 and some of the used images aren't shipped with LyX 1.4. I'll fix this in the next installer release. In the meantime, delete the xpm-files from the tutorial to be able to view PDF-output (use the method "PDF (pdflatex)" )

regards Uwe