On Thursday 15 June 2006 18:31, José Marco de la Rosa wrote:
>    Hi everybody, I just write because I can't make it to write functions
> which are not in the math function panel to my equations. I try with
> \function_name within the math mode but it fails to generate the dvi
> ¿anyone can help me?

  As far as I understand what you want is \mathrm{ this will create a box for
roman text (normal text) inside math.

  With my binding  Alt+m m works as well (it does the same), notice that Alt
is only pressed for the first m. The right binding is Meta+m m (but in my
keyboard and most out there Meta is assigned to Alt).

--
José Abílio