That file should be on your TeX installation. Use whatever find-a-file
stuff you have available to locate it.

I tend to put translator info in the Note field. Whatever you put there
will be set at the end of the entry, using apalike (and probably
apalike2). It's not a great solution. I should modify apalike so that it
does have a translator field that is put in a sensible place. I'd guess
it's already been done, however.

Richard