Ok, I think we're reaching some general consensus here. I've tried editing this draft page accordingly, please give me your opinions

        http://wiki.lyx.org/Site/Copyrights-Draft

here, or simply add them to that page.

In David's text about default license, I replaced 'XXX' license with 'GPL' for now, but I'm open to changing it. David argued that:

I would suggest something like the BSD license as the basic one, so there are no real limitations or questions about use--commercial or otherwise

Do we choose BSD or GPL for the default? Out of habit I'd lean towards GPL, and also because that is what I'd expect if I never bothered to read the Copyrights page.

Do you think that is what people would expect if they had uploaded something (considering that LyX is licensed under GPL and not BSD)?

/Christian

PS. Maybe we should add a list of links to different license to the very last section? Does anyone have a link to the BSD license?