On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 01:57:26PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Friday 16 June 2006 11:50 am, you wrote:
> > The real first question is whether a layout file can be covered by
> > copyright to begin with.
> >
> > As I pointed out before, one good example is fonts. While their names
> > can be copyrighted, the actual outline and metric files cannot be.
>
> I didn't know that.

I don't know that either.

All I know is that there is no universal copyright law - even if some
entities on a certain side of that big pond sometimes have interesting
ideas about the size of the universe and the applicability of _their_
laws (or the (non-)applicability of any laws for that matter).

Andre'